Our hope is for the Lothian Diary Project to be of support to our community during these difficult times.
On this page we showcase our community partners and describe the opportunities for you to help us #giveback to the community.
We are grateful for the opportunity to work with the following community and charitable organisations. They are helping us to hear the “hidden” stories of more vulnerable, marginalised, or digitally excluded members of our community.
By participating in the Lothian Diary project, you can support the incredible work that these organisations do by entering the unique Charity Support Code for one of our charities in our survey (you’ll find it near the end of the survey).
- People First (Scotland): The National Disabled People’s Organisation of adults with a Learning Disability in Scotland. Charity Support Code: CHLLPFIRST
- Redwoods Caring Foundation: also supports people with learning disabilities throughout Edinburgh and the Lothians. Charity Support Code: CHLLRWOODS
- Streetwork – supporting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Charity Support Code: CHLLSTWORK
- Carr Gomm – a leading Scottish social care and community development charity supporting about 2000 people across Scotland to live safe and fulfilling lives. Charity Support Code: CHLLCGOMM
- Edinburgh Direct Aid – an all-volunteer charity currently working in Lebanon, Kurdistan, Gaza, Kenya, Bosnia and Pakistan-controlled Kashmir. Charity Support Code: CHLLDIRAID
- Community Help and Advice Initiative (CHAI) – CHAI helps and empowers people through high-quality, impartial advice on welfare benefits, housing, and debt. Charity Support Code: CHLLCHAI
If you would be interested in collaborating with us, register your interest on our charity registration page!
In addition to our charity partners, we have also had the pleasure of collaborating with Monty Roy, of the Leith Police Box Popup Space, who has helped us greatly in recording the stories of local community members.